We are looking for an engineer who is interested to work on our new microscopy developments. This can be either an entry-level job or a job for a more experienced mechanical engineer.
The focus of the job will be to develop new, automated systems for (electron) microscopy.
We are looking for a highly motivated, self-starting and hands-on engineer, who not only likes to design but also build and test their designs. You will work closely together with our application specialists and academic partners to make these systems a reality. You therefore work closely with the customer and see direct impact of your work.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Development of a new workflows for electron microscopy, including automated workflows
- 3D designing of this system
- Upon completion of the 3D design, translate this into manufacturable drawings
- Finally, building and testing this system within an interdisciplinary team
- University (WO) or Vocational (HBO) level in mechanical engineering
- Experience with 3D design and manufacturing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Highly self-starting, ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks and projects
- Creative and good communicator and team player
Having experience with any of the following is considered a bonus:
- Experience with vacuum and precision technology
- Experience with electron microscopy
- Experience with optical microscopy and spectroscopy
What we offer:
- A challenging and international environment in which you can develop your skills
- High-tech environment where you will have your own projects and responsibilities
- Ability to set your own hours and performance goals
- Fun, enthusiastic and driven colleagues
- Coffee, fruit and daily lunch with the whole company and drinks on Friday
Apply by sending your CV and letter of motivation to Sander den Hoedt at firstname.lastname@example.org.