Delmic is looking for a software engineer to further extend the development of our microscopy software. The job is focused on the development of new software solutions for our existing microscopy portfolio, as well as maintaining and improving the current software.
Software plays an important role in the high-end microscopes developed by Delmic. As member of the software team, you will extend Odemis, the main software used to control the microscopes and display the acquired data. It is open-source, developed mostly in Python, and runs on Linux.
You will work in a team that interacts directly with the end-users, who tend to be experts in their field of biology or physics. You will have the opportunity to lay your hands on many layers of the software, from the hardware driver level to the graphical interface level, passing by image processing. You will also get acquainted to the many fields at the cross-road of microscopy such as optics, biology, and mechanics. DELMIC is currently working on some of the most cutting-edge developments in the microscopy field, including developments in extremely rapid acquisitions (big data generation) and advanced automation processes.
In short, this is a challenging and diverse job, where you never stop learning.
You have a background in software development either at the academic or vocational (Dutch: WO or HBO) level.
We are looking for the following skills:
- HBO or WO background in software development
- Experience with software version control systems (e.g. GIT) and software testing
- Knowledge of the Python and C programming languages
- Good communicator
- Proactive and resourceful
- Team player
Having experience with any of the following is considered a bonus:
- Making software for lab equipment, or interfacing with hardware in general
- Demonstrable interest in user (GUI) experience
- Experience with image processing software
What we offer:
- A challenging and international environment in which you can develop yourself
- Ability to set your own hours and performance goals
- Fun, enthusiastic and driven colleagues
- Coffee, fruit and daily lunch with the whole company
- Friday afternoon drinks
DELMIC is a company that builds microscopes. Our customers are at the cutting edge of worldwide research. In this job you are intimately involved in making the customers' ideas a reality. As such, you get to learn a lot about new applications, which are both diverse and exciting. On top of this you learn to push your software development skills to the limit, while gaining a deep understanding of software and hardware interaction.
Apply by sending your CV and letter of motivation to Sander den Hoedt at firstname.lastname@example.org.